PERMANENT COSMETIC INFORMATION
This is a technique that implants a cosmetic looking pigment into the second layer of the skin. This makes it different from a body tattoo – which implants a much heavier pigment much deeper in the skin. Having a cosmetic procedure done, allows clients to achieve a desired look on either Eyebrows, Eyeliner or Lips – but allowing the look to appear more “makeup” like and also allowing the client to grow and change their previous treatments – as they will fade more quickly than a body tattoo.
- HOW LONG WILL MY COSMETIC PROCEDURE LAST?
There is no definite length of time you can tell how long a client may need a touch-up. The best results are only as good as the canvas it’s applied to. Oily skin tends to have the least length of time, given that the oil in the skin tends to dissipate the pigments in the skin much quicker. Also, dry thin skin may also be a smaller amount of time – given the fragility and dry nature of the skin. Aging – tanning-smoking-alpha hydroxyl skin products, and certain medications also will fade your treatment faster. Typically- a client will want/need a touch up anywhere from 1-5yrs.
- Please be advised that certain medical conditions are not approved for permanent cosmetics. This being; any client with an organ transplant or pacemaker, clients CURRENTLY undergoing cancer or any other medical treatment. Any client with diabetes must have doctors written consent, any client on Accutane must be off of medication for a minimum of 6 months. All blood thinning medication must be discontinued for 1 week prior to service – you may resume medication after treatment. Please note: you will be asked to fill out a confidential medical form at the time of your visit, all medications and medical conditions must be listed – and may also be reviewed as not eligible for the service at that time. Please let me know if there are any concerns prior to your visit.
- All permanent cosmetic procedures can be a multi-session process. You may require a touch up visit after 5 weeks’ time
- Be prepared for the color intensity of your procedure to be significantly larger, sharper, brighter or darker than what is expected for the final outcome. It will take time for this transition, based on how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates. Brows and eyeliner can be up to 30% lighter.
- While these injected tones may initially simulate the exact color and tone desired, it will not always remain a perfect match. Inject tones are constant, while your own skin tones will vary depending on exposure to cold, heat, sun and circulatory changes. For example, if you tan your skin and had a scar camouflaged, your surrounding skin will be darker in appearance than the treated are.
- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly or redden, some clients feel it best not to make any social plans for a day or two following any procedure.